Islam has been getting an extremely bad reputation across the world and Muslims have had to face some major hate because of it. People feel it is okay to blame the religion and its teachings and mar Islam’s reputation.
However, what they don’t realize is that Islam and the Quran only promote peace.
1. Muslims can not preemptively initiate a war
[2:190] “You may fight in the cause of GOD against those who attack you but do not aggress. GOD does not love the aggressors.”
[2:192] “If they refrain, then GOD is Forgiver, Most Merciful.”
[2:193] “You may also fight them to eliminate oppression, and to worship GOD freely. If they refrain, you shall not aggress; aggression is permitted only against the aggressors.”
They are only allowed to act in defense. Muslims have permission from God to fight back only when they are expelled from their houses or lands.
2. Muslims are not allowed to stray away from the divine justice
[2:190] “Fight for the cause of God, those who fight you, but do not transgress, for God does not love the transgressors.”
The idea of unrestricted, apocalyptic warfare as professed by Isis, is totally un-Islamic.
3. Muslims must treat prisoners of war with honor
The gruesome acts of beheading, rape, and enslavement are not allowed in the Holy book.
[76:8-9]”And feed with food the needy wretch, the orphan and the prisoner, for love of Him (saying) : We feed you, for the sake of Allah only. We wish for no reward nor thanks from you..”
4. Followers of Islam are not allowed to force their religious beliefs upon their enemies or anyone for that matter
[2/ 256] “There is no compulsion where the religion is concerned.”
5. According to the Quran, jihadi radicalists have obliterated one of the most important commandments about relationships with other nations
6. Freedom of thought and religion are essential according to the Quran
[Surat al-Ma’ida, 48] “We have appointed a law and a practice for every one of you. Had God willed, He would have made you a single community, but He wanted to test you regarding what has come to you. So compete with each other in doing good. Every one of you will return to God and He will inform you regarding the things about which you differed.”
7. The Quran preaches the importance of doing good
[2:195] “And spend of your substance in the cause of Allah, and make not your own hands contribute to (your) destruction; but do good; for Allah loveth those who do good.” – Al Baqara
Read Also: 11 Basic Rights of Wives in Islam