The following images have been taken by Aaron Huey, a Washington based photographer who, during his visit to Pakistan, captured that underrated side of the country that is not usually presented to the world beyond.
A truly unique depiction of how the other half of the nation spends their every day, the High-Life culture, and how it is totally different from the usual war-torn image the West has of us.
1. People Do Drink In Pakistan
2. The Burqa Is Not The Only Fashion Statement Women Use
3. Co Education Is Very Much A Norm
4. The Modelling Industry Is Thriving
5. Even Males Pursue Arts Now
6. People Party Hard Here
7. They Say Islam Condemns Music But…
8. LGBT Is Closer To Home Than We Thought
Aaron writes, “Pakistan conjures many memories for me. But the reality of Pakistan is far more complex than what most Americans see on the news.”
“The Pakistan of my memory is filled with beach raves, transvestites, all night dance parties, fashion shows, yacht clubs, and Pakistani MTV.”