Celebrating Pakistan Day is one thing, and going overboard is something else – 23rd March stands as a day of great value for every Pakistani. However, lately, we, the people, seem to forget the great act that happened on this auspicious day that lead to our liberty and freedom. We have no right, in our celebration, to cause others trouble and harm – this stupidity will get us nowhere. We as a nation need to understand the responsibility, the Huqooq-ul-Ibaad our faith is based on.
Here are some extremely stupid things Pakistanis are used to doing on Pakistan Day that cause others trouble and wreak havoc to the serenity of this great day…
1. Say no to aerial firing (Hawaii Firing) – during these hawaii firing incidents, a lot of innocents end up losing their lives or getting injured
2. Say no to firecrackers – all anaars and firecrackers of different sorts do, is create noise pollution – something the old and infants can’t bear
3. Say no to busted-silencers on motorcycles – more noise pollution, especially if you’re going to go to Seaview in Karachi, please, don’t bother the locals
4. Say no to harassing women – in the past, there have been some cases where women have been harassed by people who are out showing love towards the country – unacceptable
5. If you’re carrying or decorating your premises with Pakistani flags – make sure you take care of them once the day is over, too
6. Say no to arguments with strangers, show patriotism and resolution towards the betterment of your country
7. Absolutely, say no to racial naaraybaazi and slogans – for one day, let’s stay united and only show devotion towards our beautiful country, Pakistan
So, do you plan on being the change or not? Share it with your friends and family so we can maintain discipline on 23rd March, the day that made us who we are today – Pakistanis!