We can say this for a fact – life is not easy when you’re a Pakistani with a long beard. The stereotypes just don’t stop and you’re left chasing sunshine, being the outcast in a very realist turn liberal society. With the terrorism woes in the recent years, keeping a long beard has become a liability – a very tough choice to keep going with.
Here are some things Pakistani guys go through and get to hear every single day.
1. When the weather is hot, the beard becomes a liability in all possible ways
2. If you have a long beard, you’re automatically considered to be a Hafiz
3. People look at you spitefully and consider you to be an extremist – even if you’re a liberal
4. Modern day girls don’t prefer hanging out with guys who keep long beards – it’s just how it is
5. If you’re dressed well and have a long beard, they’ll consider it classy – but if you’re wearing shalwar kameez then..
6. If you have a long beard, you’re bound to get nicknames like “Maulvi” and “Mullah”
7. When you go abroad.. you have to pass extra security procedures just to get through the airport
8. People who don’t like will often pass hateful remarks, even calling you a suicide-bomber
So.. are you the one saying these things or going through them? Ever thought of keeping a longer beard?