For the last decade, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has been the hub of terrorist attacks. Apart from the major and unfortunate loss of life, these uncountable attacks are hurting KPK’s tourism as well. According to stats, in the last 5 years, the tourism in the enriched province has decreased by a valiant 30% chunk.
Here are some of the paradise-points that will go unseen if the security isn’t buffed up in KPK.
1. The snow-covered, thousands of feet high, Maalam Jabba, Swat – a tourist hot-spot that needs protection
2. The scenic and ever so peaceful Mushkpuri Top, Abbotabad – imagine not being able to spend vacations here
3. Yes it might be safe now, but we need complete preservation of Lake Saif-ul-Mulook, Naran
4. The rare and untraveled Kumrat Valley, Dir – not many know about this heavenly sight
5. Another rare sight that people will never see because of security reasons – Jalkhad, Upper Kaghan
6. This beautiful valley has been hurt by terrorism in the past, we can’t let that happen again – Madyan, Swat Valley
7. The world could never believe OBL was in Abbotabad, we see why he’d prefer to live here now. Thandiani Top, Abbotabad
8. An absolute wonder of the world, the tear shaped lake, will lose all it’s worth – this is the Ansoo Jheel (Lake), Kaghan Valley
9. Still not completely covered, the Shogran Valley will lose it’s name, let alone tourism
10. Already under a lot of threat for being too liberal, Kalash Valley, Chitral, will be tough to travel to
11. Malika Parbat (Queen Of The Mountains), Kaghan Valley – imagine not being able to go here because of security issues
12. And that one place people will be afraid of traveling to already, Charsadda
We just feel these places need to be protected for all their worth and beauty – let alone foreign tourism, the local one will fade away if Khyber Pakhtunkhwa doesn’t strengthen it’s security protocols. Here’s to hoping the future will be bright.