This Woman Shares Her Horrifying Experience of Using this Famous Mosquito Repellent Lotion and It is Scary!

This Woman Shares Her Horrifying Experience of Using this Famous Mosquito Repellent Lotion and It is Scary!

Many a time, we are reminded by our parents that we need to keep a little first aid kit and the things necessary with our selves when we travel. A new addition to the necessary things is a mosquito repellent, especially in cities like Karachi, where it’s humid most of the year and people don’t get rid of the small insects and mosquitos when winter arrives. So, most of the families try to keep with them a hand sanitizer and mosquito repellent for their kids and themselves. Since Malaria is not seasonal or time-barred people now try to take all preventive measures to stay away from it.

A woman named Sameena Furqan shared her experience after using a famous mosquito repellent “Mospel”. Though she’s been using it for years and on her kids too, she was exposed to the reality when the cap of the bottle was left open and the liquid spilled onto her dressing table. The table was covered with a plastic sheet but the liquid burnt the plastic and even burnt the varnish off the table.

Here’s what Sameena had to say:

“Aoa, everyone…
A few days back I noticed something and wanted to share with all of u. As we all know with summers first thing that we welcome are mosquitos. And usually, in order to avoid the curse, most of us use mosquito repellent. Well, I also use it specifically when I am traveling with kids or when kids went to park in the evening, I apply it. Recently what I noticed that on my dressing table (I place a plastic sheet to avoid stains) my plastic covering is kinda burnt at few places… That was kinda strange but I couldn’t figure out what actually happened there. Last night, while picking Mosple bottle (Machar ap say dor, rahnay pay majboor) I noticed that it is stuck with the plastic sheet as the cap was open and the bit of sheet where it spilled was burnt. It not only melted the sheet down but also the varnish of my tables was gone. To my horror, I used to put this acid although only a single drop to my kid’s skin. I am posting pics for u. I thought to convey the message to all of u as I know many mothers who use the mosquitoes repellent as if it’s a regular lotion. Plz, it’s quite acidic. Yeah, the question is there how to protect ourselves from mosquitoes. Well if it’s unavoidable to use it then take a drop and rub it on the clothes of kids.. Or on the pillows, as it’s odor is enough to keep mosquitoes away not directly to the skin. Kindly share the post for sadqa e Jaria. Jazak Allah”

Aoa everyone…Few days back I noticed something and wanted to share with all of u. As we all know with summers first…

Posted by Sameena Furqan on Thursday, March 15, 2018

When the liquid can do so much harm to the solid object, imagine the harm it must be doing the skin. But the crucial part of the whole case is that mosquito repellent is mostly used on kids and even on newborn babies. This, too, can be harmful to people to breathe when they use it on themselves and their kids.

Let’s be safe and try to research the long-term effects and harm that it can do to the precious health that is affected without people’s knowledge. Try to find some alternatives to these mosquito repellents and be safe.

To Top