You’re at an expensive restaurant with your parents, browsing the menu. Suddenly, your mom leans toward you and whispers rather loudly,
“Yehi cheez Burns Road pe 200 rupay ki milti hai”.
If you’ve met a similar fate at expensive restaurants or retail outlets, congratulations, you’ve been raised in a desi middle class family. Not that it’s a bad thing, but middle class desi parents have instilled these quirky habits in us that are nothing short of hilarious! And to celebrate these quirks, Twitter users are sharing their middle class “aadaat” yet again with the hashtag #iamsomiddleclass. You can’t not relate to these:
1. Just HAVE to “wasool” the entire amount:
— Sandeep S Hans (@Hansomniac) February 12, 2016
2. Nope, we don’t even let the shoppers escape:
#iamsomiddleclass that we keep a master plastic bag to store other plastic bags in it
— Anugrah (@Anugrah_Mishra) January 14, 2016
3. “Itnay saray paison me itna sa?”
— Pooja (@poojjuu) October 23, 2015
4. “Thora rate girnay do”, because expensive is a complete no-n0.
The only reason I'm excited about 4G is because hopefully the 3G rates will go down.#IAmSoMiddleClass
— .🇵🇰 (@MeinNhiBataunga) August 23, 2015
5. There’s no such thing as disposable; at least not before it has been used 3468 times:
“Rakh lo, kaam ayega”
I wash disposable containers to re-use them later. #IAmSoMiddleClass
— Nikita Jhaveri (@nikeejh) July 29, 2015
6. 80000 for a phone? No way.
You can feed thousands of people, get four cars, and take a world tour in the same amount, beta.
— Your KARMA (@OhTeri_) July 6, 2015
7. Whatever it is, just save:
#IAmSoMiddleClass ki apne phone ki brightness nahi badhata taki kharch na ho jaye.
— Iron Mann (@Humor_Donor) July 4, 2015
8. Reuse everything; even presents:
— Harshad Joshi (@HJ91) January 11, 2015
9. Workout begins at home:
#IamSoMiddleClass that I resort to jhaadu-poncha instead of gym for work-out! :p
— HoshiyaarChaddi (@HoshiyaarChaddi) June 28, 2014
10. Because who pays 700 for every movie that comes out:
— The Bad Engineer (@bhai_pawar) October 12, 2014
This middle class life, ftw!