“Have you ever thought about getting a whitening facial?“
Yep, our society doesn’t like tan (often called dark) skin colored girls.
While we are often referred as “black beauty” by a number of people (especially the goras), the desi aunties and chitti babes always ask or tell us weird things about our skin color.
Following are a few to start off with:
1. Being called “kaali” because you don’t fall under the bracket of chitti girls
And that becomes a normal thing when most of the girls around you are chitti.
2. When aunties keep telling you how you need to try different desi totkas
And the fact that they think we will ACTUALLY follow these tips after trying 21482573984534 times to tell us what we need to do.
3. Then there are those who tell you to try fairness creams
And then it becomes a group discussion how you need to try blah blah fairness cream…
4. When your chitti friends tell you how beautiful fair skin is
5. When desi aunties tell you no one will marry you because of your skin color
6. How it must be so difficult to get nude nail and lip colors that matches your skin color
7. When you finally get the face powder and other makeup items that match your skin color (without making your fake white that is)
8. When the guy of your dreams tells you he likes chitti girls
9. When someone says, “Tan girls are hot“
Not like we really need your approval for our skin…but we suppose it’s okay. Hey, we like being appreciated too, you know!
10. When people ask you the reason of having a dark color
“Did you play a lot of sports?“
“Do you walk a lot in the sun?“
“Is your diet okay?“
I was born with it!!???!!
The struggle is real, guys.
While the society may tell you how may not succeed based on your color, don’t let them take you down.
We are beautiful, just the way we are.