At times, the planets appear to be traveling backward through the zodiac. It is an illusion which is called retrograde motion.
Astrologers believe that retrograde periods of Mercury can cause our plans to go awry. On the other hand, this is an excellent opportunity to reflect on the past. During these periods intuition is high and coincidences can be extraordinary.
The planet Mercury rules and controls travel, truth clear thinking, and communication, so whenever it goes retrograde, all those things go backward. That is why they start getting ugly and tangled up.
When the planet Mercury is retrograde, stay flexible and allow time for extra travel and try not to sign any contracts. Do review plans and projects during these times, but wait till the time Mercury is direct again to make a final decision.
Mercury Retrograde 2015 Dates
In 2015, Mercury will retrograde during the following dates:
January 21 – February 11
May 19 – June 11
September 17 – October 9
How to Survive Mercury Retrograde: The Dos:
- Before signing, review all contracts and legal documents.
- Before speaking, pause for a while and breathe. Repeat yourself, if required.
- Before sending any email or document, read them thoroughly.
- Mercury rules the postal system, therefore, track all your important packages and mails.
- Tune-up your vehicles and ensure to pack an emergency roadside kit.
- Mercury can delay flights, so leave early for any travel or appointments.
- Instead of making new commitments, renew them.
- Go backward, focus on the prefix, ‘re’… revamp, renew, review, redecorate, etc.
- Plan reunions with old buddies loved ones and family, but do prepare for possible mishaps!
- Keep yourself prepared to hear from/run into people from your past, that too, at the weirdest moments.
- Get emotional. Connect yourself with your roots. Try to walk down memory lane.
- Forgive and forget the negative happenings of the past. Solve the unresolved issues, so that you can let it go.
- Make sure to confirm all plans, appointments, meetings and dates.
- Imagine of Mercury retrograde as a quarterly review period, an opportunity to pause and complete what you have started during that time period.
- Back up all your electronic data (documents, photos, files and contact list) before Mercury retrograde or as soon as it might be possible if it has already commenced.
How to Survive Mercury Retrograde: The Don’ts:
- Purchase new vehicles, electronic gadgets (Buy only if they come with a warranty/ good return/repair policy).
- Forget to review the contract before signing it (Try not to sign the contract before Mercury turns direct).
- Jump to conclusions or fly off the handle, if someone misunderstands you.
- Run into the arms of an ex without screening carefully (Mercury Retrograde reunions do not always mean to last).
- Blame or punish the person who tells you about something related to your past.
- Put anything vague into an email or text messages (there are chances that you could hit “Reply All” or send the message to the wrong person!).
- Leave late for appointments, meetings or flights.
- Begin something new before completing what is next on the ‘to-do’ list.
- Give mixed messages, believe everything that you hear or lead people on.
- Share unconfirmed information, rant and whine on social media platforms or spread rumors.
- Cut corners, take shortcuts, or dash off hasty communications.