The much anticipated final of the Pakistan Super League is finally here – two sides that were best recognized as underdogs before the tournament began are here and contesting in this first ever PSL final. Islamabad United take on Quetta Gladiators for the throne of the league. Two sides that ripped apart all unpopular opinion, after waves of banter from all sets of fans.
Here are some tweets for the BIG GAME – just to let you know what people expect.
1. When one Islamabad United fan finally spoke the murdering truth about Karachi and Lahore not making it to the final..
One minute silence for those karachi kings and Lahore Qalanders fans who are supporting Quetta Gladiators nd IsbUnited Now 😂
— Sh()خha- (@ishokha) February 22, 2016
2. Wasim Akram vs Sir Vivian Richards – summing up the final between Islamabad and Quetta
So, its all came down to this..
Wasim Akram vs Viv Richards#QGvIU
— The Team Pakistan (@TheTeamPakistan) February 23, 2016
3. When it actually became a raw and retaliated game between the Establishment and the Sarmachars
— Haroon Hayat (@Rjharoon) February 23, 2016
4. When an Islamabad supporter blatantly declared Quetta Gladiators as the most deserving team in the PSL
— Mountain girl. (@SaimaKarim89) February 23, 2016
5. When the cricketers of Quetta Gladiators were warped into Pashtuns and Baloch nationalists
— Raafay (@highonEcstasyy) February 23, 2016
6. When the stats proved that Quetta have been the most superior side in the tournament
Out of the nine matches they have played, Quetta Gladiators have chased on seven occasions and lost only once #QGvIU
— Pakistan Cricket (@PakCricketPK) February 23, 2016
7. It’s a fact – Pakistan plays India in on Saturday and nobody, we repeat, nobody has noticed it because of the PSL
— Zee here!! (@zeedot94) February 23, 2016
8. One man vs the whole team? Not fair my friend, not fair
— کهجل خوار (@bander78) February 23, 2016
9. When Sam Billings replied to a tweet in Urdu – absolutely savage!
— Sam Billings (@sambillings) February 22, 2016
10. Fun fact: Quetta Gladiators vs Islamabad United was the first and will be the last match of the tournament
— zaki zaidi (@zako_dode) February 21, 2016
11. Either they’re HUGE cricket fans or just bluffing – everybody bluffs on Facebook
— Anas Mallick (@AnasMallick) February 23, 2016
12. The GREAT Alan Wilkins with some fantastic Urdu shayiri in regards to the Pakistani nation and their love for cricket
Who likes these words? "Haaye saare, saare ke saare
Ye zameen pe dekho taare
Ye roshni se banke hain chamke
Haan poora jam ke khelege aaj!
— Alan Wilkins (@alanwilkins22) February 22, 2016
13. When somebody’s wit outplayed it all – Karachi’s weather vs Lahore Calendars
Karachi Calender :
— مرزا بلاکستانی (@iMirzaSaheb) February 23, 2016
14. And some Pakistani fans were there 4 years ago and they’re going to be here tonight
4 years ago on this day I was a huge Afridi fan & saw Pak beat Eng in a T20 in Dubai. Today, it's all about Misbah. pic.twitter.com/u4yBp75nQF
— ⎊ Childish Ghambino 🍉 (@Sarkhail7Khan) February 23, 2016
15. Lastly, the PSL and PCB’s big fish Najam Sethi declared the final a SOLD OUT – so please, don’t travel to the stadium without a ticket
Those who do not have tickets to PSL FINAL in Dubai are requested NOT to come to the stadium because ALL TICKETS HAVE BEEN SOLD OUT.
— Najam Sethi (@najamsethi) February 22, 2016
So, which team are you supporting? Will it be the greens of Islamabad or the mountains of Quetta?