London Elections: Sadiq Khan is in the lead and very close to beating out his opponent, Zac Goldsmith (Imran Khan’s ex-brother-in-law).
Sadiq Khan’s Story Will Blow Your Mind:
1. He Is The Son Of British Immigrants
Sadiq khan’s parents moved to The UK from Pakistan in the 1960’s.
2. His Father Was A Bus Driver And Mother Was A Seamstress
His father was a bus driver in Tooting and had spent his entire life trying to give his children the opportunities that he did not have himself.
3. He Is A Family Man And Is Close With All Seven Of His Siblings
He took his wife to a McDonalds and proposed to her over a Fillet-O-Fish!
4. He Has Been A British MP (Member Of Parliament) Since 2005
5. He Was A Solicitor For Human Rights
He started his career as an advocate for human rights.
6. At 47, He Can Still Knock Out His Opposition
Sadiq’s favourite pastime and exercise is to box, and two of his brothers are boxing coaches!
7. He Is A Marathon Runner
8. He Is A Member Of The Labour Party
9. He was awarded “Newcomer of the Year” at the 2005 Spectator Parliamentarian Awards
10. He Has Been The Minister Of Communities And Transport
11. He Is A Huge Liverpool Fan!
12. He Refused A Pay Raise As An MP, “At a time when many people in Tooting and throughout the country are having to accept pay freezes, I don’t think it’s appropriate for MPs to accept a pay rise.”
13. And He Even Loves Babies!
Look Out Justin Trudeau there’s a new awesome politician in town!!!
Here are all the reasons why we think Londoners will definitely vote for Sadiq!
He is the best option for the next Mayor of London, and if he were running in Pakistan, I’m sure all of us would be voting for this multi-talented politician. We can’t wait till Sadiq gets elected and we get to see the insane desi party that will take place in London, get ready for bhangra in Trafalgar Square Londoners!