With the vision of instilling the culture of tech entrepreneurship and achieving sustainable growth for early-stage startups by providing opportunities to create commercially viable technology startups from Pakistan. Plan9 was introduced by Punjab Information Technology Board in 2012. With more than 180 startups graduated and 13 cycles later we have created an impact with our startups of raising more than $5.3m investment, creating more than 1200+ jobs and $75m accumulated evaluation of all the startups.
With Launchpad 14 around the corner, we are promoting a motto of #makeideashappen. We are constantly on the lookout for the ‘Futurepreneurs’ to take part in the Launchpad. All those who have a viable business idea and are looking to kick-start their tech start-up; Plan9 is the platform for you.
Launchpad takes place across three major cities of Pakistan including Karachi, Lahore, and Islamabad along with Multan, Faisalabad. This time around we are introducing Gujranwala as our station. It is open to all Pakistani citizens who are able to meet the eligibility criteria. The event gives a legitimate platform to aspiring startups who wish to get incubated and avail access to mentorships, screenings, workshops, talks, presentations and more. At the end of the event, the qualified and shortlisted startups become part of a six-month-long incubation at Plan9.
Today, the Launchpad receives over five hundred applications out of which 15 are selected for incubation. Needless to say, the competition is tough and gets tougher every year as more and more Pakistanis become aware of the opportunity to get their startup off the ground.
Only one week is left to apply!
Apply Now at http://Plan9.pitb.gov.pk/thelaunchpad/
The last date to submit applications is 3rd November 2019
Launchpad is a four-day event held at Lahore and a two-day event in Karachi and Islamabad. Moreover, one-day event will take place in Multan, Faisalabad, and Gujranwala. (you can choose your preferred city in the application form).
On Day 1, a two-minute pitch together with a short Q&A session will determine your selection for Day 2. On Day 2, selected teams will receive extensive guidance & mentoring to re-vamp their proposals. Our mentors will tweak your product and add quality to it. Smart teams will filter what is relevant and take the best advice. The second-day pitch will be tougher and you should be prepared to be cross-examined by our formidable judges. Start-ups will be presenting a complete business model in a seven-minute pitch, followed by three minutes of Q’s n A. The top scoring 15 teams will be chosen for incubation at Plan9.
Teams from all over Pakistan are called to participate. On selection, the team has to re-locate to Lahore for 6 months. Plan9 is an equal opportunity platform. The eligibility criteria are:
- Be a Pakistani national.
- The required age is 18 years or above.
- A brilliant idea and passion.
- Present a mock-up/wire-frame/prototype of the product on the Pitching Day.
- The business idea should be based on any technology domains mentioned below.
- Mandatory attendance from 10 am – 6 pm for six-month incubation at Plan9.
- Having a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and a qualified Chief Technical Officer (CTO) is mandatory.
- One video of your pitch is essential to be shared (make a pitch video (demo)– upload it on YouTube and share the link). It is the last question and your application form cannot be submitted without it
- Plan9 is an equal opportunity platform.
- Startups and/or founders who are incubated in Cycle 11 do not qualify for Cycle 12. However, they can apply for the next cycle(s).
- One founder can only apply to ONE idea/product/startup.
Technology Business Diversity:
Plan9 is a technology incubator, so it is necessary that your business idea is product-based and has a tech component. Your startup could be in any domain-related to technology such as:
- Consumer Tech (e-commerce)
- EdTech (Education Tech)
- FinTech (Finance Tech)
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Mobile App
- Web App
What is the selection procedure for incubation?
The procedure to get inducted at Plan9 is very simple, it includes:
- Apply Online
- Shortlisting of selected teams
- Invitation to shortlisted teams to attend The Launchpad
- Rating by a panel of judges
- Selection of the top-scoring teams for incubation
What do you get from incubation at Plan9?
We provide all the basic facilities that are essential for startup success. Once you get incubated, you get access to:
- Business model development
- Free Legal Consultation
- Investment opportunity
- Zero equity return
- Office space/Free utilities
- Monthly stipend
And much more! Don’t let your ideas go to waste. Don’t hold back and apply now. 3rd NOVEMBER IS THE LAST DATE TO APPLY.