We have a unique way of going about life; the rest of the world will do something in a normal, logical manner, but desi’s will always be able to find a jugaar way for it.
Our inexplicable hilarious quirks are summed up brilliantly in the following tweets. You aren’t desi enough if you can’t relate to these!
1. Mom versus Nazar;
Should I announce something happy? Ya pir nazar lag jay gi? 😖 #beingDesi
— Hasham (@hasham_20) April 18, 2016
2. Because good weather obviously isn’t meant to be enjoyed;
“Baarish me bahar na jao, keechar hoga”.
— Maryam ^_^ (@almost_malik) April 17, 2016
3. There’s no such thing as ‘disposable’;
Main aisi quom se hun jahan neutella ke jar main "SUJI" ar horlicks ki bottle main "CHAT MASALAH" rakha jata hai.#beingdesi
— M. (@yosoymoiz) April 2, 2016
4. The desi whispers;
— Mohammad Zahid Mateen (@MZahidM7) April 27, 2016
5. Desi girls can tell their fortunes;
(Because most of them have just one).
6. The unparalleled euphoria that inexpensive things bring;
— Umer Malek (@MalekShake) March 17, 2016
7. Because the waiters are our chacha kay betay:
8. “8 bajay ki dawat do toh 10 bajay aengay”.
— ਬਾਣੀ (@HbKG13) April 15, 2016
9. The ultimate desi decision maker:
How to swerve a marriage proposal:
"Istikhara says no. " #desilife
— Zoha Tariq (@___zohatariq) April 14, 2016
10. The reproduction will never end:
When you've big khaandaan, you've cousins who've kids your age or cousins whose kids have kids. #desilife
— آلو (@LazyPotayhtoh) April 6, 2016
11. Unabashedly binging on street food:
— bindiiq *Be hygienic.Stick up 4 disabled ppl/POCs* (@bindiiq) March 15, 2016
12. The desi purpose of existence:
Here’s to living life the desi way!