Every desi kid’s best timepass in their childhood is when all cousins/friends sit together and tell the horror stories that they have heard from their other friends or elders. This passing on of horror stories from generation to generation is what all Pakistani kid has done at least once in a lifetime. In addition to that, all schools and hostel have it’s own horror stories. Something like the heritage or specialty that is different from other schools and hostels.
So, in the best memory of those here are few hostel horror stories that will definitely shiver your soul. Brace yourselves!
1.” One time I was, offering maghrib nimaz and like the usual, I and my roommate were to have our evening chai on the terrace. So, she was making tea and I went up to the terrace to walk. As soon as I reached I saw a girl with very long hair in a white dress sitting on a wall with her legs dangling. I swallowed my fear and went up to her and asked her “Tum yahan kia kar rahi ho” to which she turned to me and said “Tumhy leny ae hu” I don’t know what happened next I fainted there.
2. “This one time the whole hostel was empty it was raining cats and dogs, and I was with my roommate there was no electricity in the hostel, so we were lying in our beds quietly enjoying the sound of rain. A few minutes later I heard someone on the stairs walking up to our room and I saw that my roommate heard it too. But then the sound of feet decreased and we heard someone running in the corridor very clearly because of the rainwater on the floor. We both choose to ignore it.”
3. “We have a huge garden of our hostel which is just near a very big graveyard. The garden is indeed beautiful but haunting at the same time. I walk late at night as a routine but one night as I walking alone I felt a hand on my shoulder when I turned back there was no one to be seen far far away. I ran like anything!”
4. “I was studying for my exam alone in my room when it happened. It was finals that I was awake till night. I took a break from the study and was resting on my chair when I heard someone whisper my name very close to my ear. I still shiver at the thought of it. I remember it clearly it was a kid’s voice.”
5. “Like the usual, I return from my office at sunset. And I know for the fact that how some fragrances are known for being spirits around you. That was only then when I was walking towards my hostel, knowing that I live alone. I could smell fresh roses all of a sudden and I looked around to see no one, so I kept walking and a few steps ahead I smelled the same and I knew what was happening.”
6. “I am afraid of the dark so I keep a little light on in my room, one night I was awake and both my roommates were asleep as I heard our wooden bookshelf being knocked. At first, it was a little, then It started knocking so hard that both of them woke up and we all were shocked with fear.”
7. “My groupmates and I were studying in my room when we saw the door of the room shut open and witnessed a shadow but nothing to pass by. Everyone ran off and I choose to stay but the next thing I know was I could feel the weight on my legs when I was sleeping. Later I had a throbbing fever.
All these stories are gathered from different people around. It could be true but all we can say is. “Darna mana hai.”