Welcome to the 21st century, where Halal has a whole new meaning to it. Since front cameras found their mojo, the never ending trend of selfies have taken the Ummah by storm. And now, the determined followers have a found a Halal way to capture their memories..
Here are some types of Halal selfies that you must have seen around you.
1. When you’re a pseudo-mullah and you can sneak in a selfie from time to time, because hey.. the beard makes it Halal
2. When you’re absolutely obsessed with selfies and cannot resist a selfie that is captioned: “Jummah Mubarak!”
3. When you’re the most deendaar person you know but the girls absolutely love you – surely this makes it Halal?
4. When you’re at the mosque and your father’s looking away praying, you just have about 5 seconds to click a selfie.
5. When you’re with bae at Umrah and just cannot resits a cute couple selfie. Definitely Halal!
6. When Islam allows 4 marriages and you just bagged the fourth wife – this makes it the Halaalest selfies of all!
7. When you don’t want to show your face but still take a group selfie the Halal way..
8. When bae asks for a snap but you know your moral values and still believe in love..
9. And then there’s the hand-selfie that ‘Innoshent Pwincess’ from Facebook sends you with a text that says “Dekh ke delete kar dena”
So.. has the trend of Halal selfies gotten to you? Or have you been receiving hand pictures from ‘Papa Ki Ang3l’?