Pakistan’s Army chief and the overall most favorite person in the country, General Raheel Sharif will be handing over the command to the next and upcoming chief; General Qamar Javed Bajwa on the 29th of November 2016. General Zubair Mahmood Hayat will be fulfilling the role of Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee.
An official notification regarding the changes will be released soon.
Things you should know about General Qamar Javed Bajwa
- He was next up in seniority list.
- He was the inspector General Training and Development. General Raheel Sharif was also the inspector before he became the COAS.
- He has commanded Corp 10 which is considered as the largest and one of the most significant Corps.
- He has served as the chief of Force Command Northern Areas.
- He commanded as the Brigadier in a peace mission to Congo.
- He has a vast experience in Kashmir and Northern areas issues which makes him the perfect fit for Pakistan’s current problems.