The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) on Friday released Tax Directory 2018. The list gives details of the tax collection in Pakistan and taxes paid by persons in 2018.
The tax directory includes the tax paid by parliamentarians. According to Express Tribune, former PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi has topped that list. He paid around Rs241.3 million in tax during 2018.
However, do you know how much tax Prime Minister Imran Khan paid in 2018? Well, PM paid Rs282,449.
Meanwhile, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President Shehbaz Sharif paid Rs97,030,595. Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Chairperson Bilawal Bhutto Zardari paid Rs 294,117 in tax. Moreover, Asif Ali Zardari paid Rs28,089,455 in tax.
Meanwhile, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi paid Rs183,900 in tax and Punjab Assembly Opposition Leader Hamza Shahbaz paid Rs87,005,368 in taxes.
PML-N Punjab President Rana Sanaullah paid Rs13,088,275, Federal Minister for Industries and Production Hammad Azhar paid Rs59.4 million, Federal Minister for Planning and Development Asad Umar paid Rs53,046,342 and Federal Minister for Railways Sheikh Rashid paid Rs579,011 in taxes.
Moreover, Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar and Federal Minister for Water Resources Faisal Vawda did not pay any taxes in the fiscal year.
Meanwhile, K-P Chief Minister Mahmood Khan paid Rs235,982, Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Kamal paid Rs48,018,948 and Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah paid Rs10,022,184 in taxes. He also paid Rs63,054,761 in the case of the Association of Persons.
Tax payments of other elected representatives for 2018
– Information and Broadcasting Minister Shibli Faraz paid Rs367,460
– Human Rights Minister Dr. Shireen Mazari paid Rs2,435,650
– Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi paid Rs183,900
– Interior Minister Ijaz Ahmad Shah paid Rs58,120
– Defence Minister Pervez Khattak paid Rs1,826,899
– Law Minister Farogh Naseem paid Rs35,135,459
– Planning Minister Asad Umer paid Rs5,346,342
– Aviation Minister Ghulam Sarwar Khan paid Rs1,046,669
– Railways Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed paid Rs579,011
– Narcotics Control Minister Azam Khan Swati paid Rs590,916
– Power Minister Omar Ayub Khan paid Rs26,055,517
– States and Frontier Regions (SAFRON) Minister Shehryar Afridi paid Rs183,900
– Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan Affairs Minister Ali Amin Gandapur paid Rs378,763
– Communications and Postal Services Minister Murad Saeed paid Rs374,728
– National Food Security and Research Minister Fakhar Imam paid Rs5,212,137
– Industries and Production Minister Hammad Azhar paid Rs22,445
– Education Minister Shafqat Mahmood paid Rs231,730
– Economic Affairs Minister Khusro Bakhtiar paid Rs624,292
– Maritime Affairs Minister Ali Haider Zaidi paid Rs896,191
– IT and Telecommunication Minister Aminul Haque paid Rs66,749
– National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser paid Rs537,730
– Senate Chairperson Sadiq Sanjrani paid Rs1,363,414
– Senate Deputy Chairperson Saleem Mandviwalla paid Rs1,591,722
– State Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Ali Muhammad Khan paid Rs430,695
Meanwhile, in 2018, Sindh had a lead in tax collection with 44.91% collection. Moreover, Punjab came in second with 34.99% collection. Islamabad 14.77%, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) 3.54%, Balochistan 1.67% and Gilgit-Baltistan (G-B) collected 0.12% tax.
What do you think of this story? Let us know in the comments section below!