At Cheetay, our number one priority is the health and safety of all the members of our community – customers, Cheetahs and vendors, no matter what happens. We know you have questions and we want to personally assure you that we are closely monitoring the outbreak of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are also consulting health experts and monitoring expert recommendations, including guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO) and local health officials.
So far, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have no reports of human illnesses that suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted by food or food packaging, but we remain vigilant in working with restaurants to ensure efficacy and safety remains the top priority.
Hygiene is critical
Beyond simply monitoring the situation, we are taking active measures to make sure the food and other items that get delivered to your home are safe and secure.
- The entire Cheetay ecosystem is being held to strict hygienic standards, with regular updates and reminders being distributed to our Cheetahs and vendors.
- Detailed SOPs have been put into place regarding personal hygiene, order exchange protocols, disinfecting equipment before and after deliveries as well as handling currency and personal contact protocols.
- We have pre-emptively begun distributing hand sanitizers and gloves to our Cheetahs.
- All Cheetahs will undergo temperature checks to ensure their safety and that of everyone they come into contact with, alongside a more robust illness reporting process to manage any suspected cases.
- You will be informed via SMS of your Cheetah’s temperature when you order. The normal range of body temperature ranges from 97℉ to 99℉. Feel free to ask the rider his temperature in case you do not receive an SMS.
- Customers who prefer a no-contact delivery can make that request in the delivery instructions.
- We will be making our Coronavirus safety SOP videos for our Cheetahs and our Recommended Code of Conduct for our community available on our App shortly so you can follow our efforts and processes more actively.
Cheetay is here to serve
We know that people’s day-to-day lives are disrupted right now because of Coronavirus, and we’re working hard to ensure we provide the best service to you during this period. Minimizing contact, practicing good hygiene and social distancing are essential to keeping all our community members safe. We understand that many of our customers will be working from home or unable to go out due to health and safety reasons. In this time of uncertainty, we want to assure you that we are here to help.
To ease the burden and improve the safety of our customers, we are rapidly expanding our services to include Pantry (a local grocery ordering alternative) and Pharma (ordering OTC and prescription drugs from your local pharmacies). We are also introducing basic Errand services and extending our business hours to help in times of emergency. Rest assured, that you need not risk exposure by leaving your homes and loved ones, we are soon going to be able to bring anything you need for your basic daily requirements to your doorstep in a timely, hygienic and contact-less manner.
Community comes first
We pride ourselves on being a local Pakistani business and so feel a deep sense of responsibility to serve during this time. However, during this time of uncertainty, we also want to acknowledge the incredible efforts of our Cheetahs out on the roads.
To support the Cheetah community, Cheetay and its employees have self-funded and introduced a COVID-19 Financial Assistance Program, which will provide aid and medical assistance to eligible Cheetahs who are diagnosed with COVID-19 or who are subject to individual quarantine at the direction of public health officials. We are committed that nobody should come to work if they feel unwell or under the duress of potential loss income. Therefore, we are instituting a program of paid leave for any employees who are either affected by the virus or have to provide care to someone who is. We are a small, young business but it is important for us to be supportive of our team members in their time of need.
Be part of the solution
Health and safety are all of our responsibilities. We encourage you to practice safety measures at home and when you’re out.
Wash your hands frequently, avoid unnecessary contact in confined gatherings, and stay home as much as possible. We encourage you to use cashless methods of payments so you don’t have to exchange banknotes. Please keep a safe distance of at least 2 meters from our Cheetahs for their and your safety when receiving your orders, or provide no-contact delivery instructions.
Throughout this time, we’ll be relentlessly focused on doing everything we can to ensure we continue to bring you safe deliveries from the best restaurants and vendors all over Pakistan.
Our customer support teams are here for you in case you have any questions. We thank you for your continued support. We will keep you informed as we take additional action.
Stay safe. Stay healthy.