Among Pakistan’s bold actresses, Humaima Malick has also found herself in the industry with some major roles.
She’s one of the most reputed and well-known actresses in the entertainment industry. Over the past few years, she transformed herself into roles that captivated others.
Like other Pakistani actors, she also did a Bollywood film with none other than the serial kisser Imran Hashmi.
She has a lot of Pakistani films, but she gained popularity through dramas and that was the era where she left her mark.
Humaima Malick has always been under the limelight of controversies, because of several reasons. If you have forgotten her early story, then don’t worry about it.
In this celebrity profile, you get to know everything about Humaima Malick, from Humaima Malick brother to Humaima Malick age.
Humaima Malick Biography
The star girl was born on November 18, 1987, in Quetta, Balochistan, Pakistan. Humaima Malick comes from a family of five siblings. Her father’s name is Malik Azmat, and he served as a chairman of “Pakistan International Airlines.” Malick has one brother, Feroze Khan, and one sister, Dua Malik Her sister Dua Malik is a well-known Pakistani singer, while her other brother is Feroze Khan a TV actor.
For those who don’t know, Humaima Malick started her career at a very young age, she began her modeling career at the age of fourteen.
She collaborated with big Pakistani brands and appeared in various television commercials. In 2009, she won the “Best Female Emerging Model” award at the Lux Style Awards.
Humaima also modeled for various high-profile Pakistani designers and appeared in numerous fashion shows. Her striking looks and elegant style quickly made her one of the most sought-after models in Pakistan’s fashion industry.
During her modeling career, Humaima also gained recognition for her acting skills and eventually transitioned into the world of acting.
No doubt, her successful modeling career helped her acting career and establish her as a popular celebrity in Pakistan.
Debut as an Actor
Humaima Malick made her acting debut with the Pakistani drama serial “Ishq Junoon Deewangi” in 2008. She played the lead role of a young girl named Sumbul who falls in love with her cousin. The drama was a commercial success and Humaima’s performance was highly appreciated by both audiences and critics.
After her debut, Humaima went on to work in several other popular Pakistani dramas such as “Talluq” and “Akbari Asghari”. However, it was her performance in the drama serial “Mata-e-Jaan Hai Tu” in 2012 that brought her widespread recognition and critical acclaim.
In 2011, Humaima made her film debut with the Pakistani movie “Bol” directed by Shoaib Mansoor. Her performance in the film earned her a nomination for Best Actress at the Lux Style Awards, and she went on to win the award for her role in the movie “Arth 2” in 2017.
Humaima Malick’s Rise in the Drama Industry
Humaima Malick’s rise to stardom in the acting world was gradual but steady. After her successful debut in the drama “Ishq Junoon Deewangi”, she continued to work in popular dramas and established herself as a versatile actress capable of playing a range of characters.
Her breakthrough role came in the drama serial “Mata-e-Jaan Hai Tu”, which was based on the novel of the same name by Farhat Ishtiaq. Her portrayal of the character of Haniya Sajjad, a strong-willed and independent young woman, earned her widespread critical acclaim and helped cement her status as a rising star in the Pakistani entertainment industry.
Some of her notable performances include her roles in dramas like “Mata-e-Jaan Hai Tu,” “Talluq,” “Akbari Asghari,” and “Dil-e-Nadan.” In these dramas, Humaima demonstrated her versatility as an actress, portraying a wide range of characters with depth and nuance.
Her portrayal of Haniya Sajjad in “Mata-e-Jaan Hai Tu” was particularly well-received, earning her widespread critical acclaim and establishing her as a leading actress in the Pakistani drama industry.
In addition to her work in television dramas, Humaima has also worked in several telefilms and appeared in various music videos. Her performances in these projects have helped solidify her position as one of the most talented and versatile actresses in Pakistan.
Big Screen Debut
Humaima Malick made her debut in the film industry with the Pakistani movie “Bol” in 2011, directed by renowned filmmaker Shoaib Mansoor. The film was a critical and commercial success and Humaima’s performance was highly appreciated by both audiences and critics.
In the movie, Humaima played the role of Zainab, a young woman who faces several societal and cultural challenges in her life. Her portrayal of the character was widely praised for its depth and emotional range, and it helped establish Humaima as a promising newcomer in the Pakistani film industry.
Following the success of “Bol,” Humaima went on to appear in several other Pakistani films, including “Ishq Khuda,”
“Dekh Magar Pyaar Se,” and “Arth 2.” Her performances in these movies earned her critical acclaim and established her as a leading actress in Pakistani cinema.
Her recent film “The Legend of Maula Jatt” broke every single record at the box office and made history. Humaima played a prominent role in the movie and plays the character of Daro Natni, who is the love interest of the protagonist Maula Jatt, played by Fawad Khan.
She even made her Bollywood debut with none other than Imran Hashmi back in 2014 in “Raja Natwarlal”.
She played the role of a bar dancer named Ziya who helps Emraan’s character in his con game.
Although the movie did not perform well at the box office, Humaima’s performance was praised by many critics. Her portrayal of Ziya was seen as one of the highlights of the film, and she was lauded for her acting skills and screen presence.
Humaima Malick’s Marriage Life
Humaiima Malick was previously married to Shamoon Abbasi, but later the marriage turned out to be an abusive relationship.
Humaima accused Shamoon Abbasi and called her marriage abusive. Later Shamoon Abbasi responds to humaima malik’s abusive allegations
Humaima Malick Dramas
She played different roles in various dramas, but here are the top 5 Humaima Malick dramas list with her character:
- Mata-e-Jaan Hai Tu (2012) – In this drama, Humaima played the role of Haniya Sajjad, a young woman who falls in love with a man from a different social class. Her performance in the drama was widely acclaimed, and it helped establish her as a leading actress in the Pakistani drama industry.
- Ishq Junoon Deewangi (2013) – In this drama, Humaima played the role of Rameen, a young woman who marries against her family’s wishes and faces several challenges in her marriage. Her performance was highly praised, and she received a nomination for Best Actress at the Lux Style Awards for her work in the drama.
- Akbari Asghari (2011) – In this drama, Humaima played the role of Asghari, a young woman who is forced to marry her cousin but falls in love with another man. Her performance in the drama was highly appreciated, and it helped establish her as a versatile actress in the Pakistani drama industry.
- Tawaan (2018) – In this drama, Humaima played the role of Zubia, a young woman who is forced to marry against her will and faces several challenges in her married life. Her performance in the drama was highly praised, and she received a nomination for Best Actress at the Hum Awards for her work in the drama.
Top 10 Movies Of Humaima Malick
Just like her career in the drama industry looked fascinating, her filmy background left some park in the heart of her fans. Here are the top 10 Humaima Malick movies that you must watch if you haven’t.
- Bol (2011)
- Arth 2 (2017)
- Dekh Magar Pyaar Say (2015)
- Raja Natwarlal (2014)
- Ishq Khuda (2013)
- Legend of Maula Jatt (2022)
- Main Hoon Shahid Afridi (2013)
- The Trial (2019)
- Lahore Se Aagey (2016)
- Bin Roye (2015)
Awards and Achievements
Humaima Malick has received several awards and nominations for her work in the entertainment industry. Here are some of her notable achievements:
- Lux Style Award for Best Actress – Film (2013) for her role in the movie “Bol”
- London Asian Film Festival Award for Best Actress (2016) for her role in the movie “Dekh Magar Pyaar Say”
- ARY Film Award for Best Actress (2017) for her role in the movie “Arth 2”
- Pakistan Achievement Award (2014) for her contribution to the entertainment industry
- Hum Award for Best Actress – Drama Serial (2019) for her role in the drama serial “Ishq Zahe Naseeb”
- Nominated for Lux Style Award for Best Actress – Film (2015) for her role in the movie “Raja Natwarlal”
- Nominated for ARY Film Award for Best Actress (2019) for her role in the movie “Maula Jatt 2”
In addition to these awards, Humaima has also been recognized for her philanthropic work and was appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Development Programme in Pakistan in 2017.
Humaima Malick is undoubtedly Pakistan’s one versatile actress alive and she has proved herself with great pride.