Muslims have been given a complete code of life in the shape of Islam, it is for the betterment of their health and happiness if they follow the guidelines of Islam. Nowadays, people look for scientific approvals for everything; therefore we bring to you the scientific reasons behind some Islamic traditions, which are a proof that Islam does cover all the aspects of life.
1. Taqbeer: By offering Takbir at the beginning of Salat, we move hand and shoulder muscles thereby increasing the flow of blood towards torso.
2. Sujood:where we touch the ground with our forehead. This posture increases fresh supply of blood to our brain.
3. Tashah’hud:In tashah’hud position, our hip, elbow, knee joints, backbone, wrist joints move in a way that it provides a form of relaxation to our entire body. Pressure is applied on the body parts as if it was a kind of massage which releases tension. Furthermore, this position assists in speedy digestion, aids the detoxification of the liver and stimulates peristaltic action in the small intestine
1. Low Cholestrol:A team of cardiologists in the UAE found that people observing Ramadan enjoy a positive effect on their lipid profile, which means there is a reduction of cholesterol in the blood
2. Avoid Bad Habits:Because you will be fasting during the day, Ramadan is the perfect time to ditch your bad habits for good. Fasting’s ability to help you cut out bad habits is so significant that the UK’s National Health Service recommends it as the ideal time to ditch smoking.
3. Detoxify:By not eating or drinking throughout the day your body will be offered the rare chance to detoxify your digestive system throughout the month.
4. Absorb More Nutrients:By not eating throughout the day during Ramadan you’ll find that your metabolism becomes more efficient, meaning the amount of nutrients you absorb from food improves. This is because of an increase in a hormone called adiponectin, which is produced by a combination of fasting and eating late at night, and allows your muscles to absorb more nutrients.
3. Growing Beard
1. Lower Risk of Skin Cancer:The sun has ultraviolet (UV) rays that harm your skin and cause you to develop skin cancer. While most of your body is shielded by your clothes, your face is always exposed, unless you wear a cap every time you go out in the sun. A beard is perfect because it covers the lower half of your face, thereby reducing the risk of skin cancer significantly.
2. Slows Down Wrinkles:It’s often said shaving off your beard can knock years off. But a covering of facial hair can also slow down the ageing process in the skin.
3. Retains Natural Moisture:When you shave, your skin is exposed to the sun in summer and cold air in winter. These elements dry out your skin, but if you have a beard to protect you then your skin can retain its moisture. Your skin also has sebaceous glands that keep it moisturised. When you shave, this moisture gets eroded, but when you have a beard it remains intact.
Consists of washing face and fore-arms, and wiping head and feet. Wudu by itself is always a recommendable act in Islamic rituals, but it becomes obligatory in certain circumstances. One of such circumstances is before daily fives times ritual Salah. Apart from hygiene, wudu have positive effect on circulatory system and removes excess static charge from body.
1. Intestinal Disorders:The nicotinic content that is present in the dates is said to be beneficial for curing any kinds of intestinal disorders. Continuous intake of dates helps to maintain a check on the growth of the pathological organisms and thus, helps in the rise of friendly bacteria in the intestines.
2. Constipation:Date is termed to be a laxative food. This is the reason that dates are beneficial for people suffering from constipation. For getting the laxative effect from dates, you need to soak dates for one full night in water. You should consume these soaked dates in the morning like syrup to get their actual advantages.
3. Healthy Heart: Dates are quite helpful in maintaining your heart in a healthy condition. When soaked for a night and crushed in the morning and consumed, they prove to be quite advantageous for weak hearts. They help in fortifying the heart, if taken twice in a week.
4. Diarrhea:Ripe dates contain potassium. Potassium is beneficial for controlling diarrhea. They are easily digestible, which helps to cope up with the problems of diarrhea.
1. Miswak strengthens the gums and prevents tooth decay
2. Miswak assists in eliminating toothaches and prevents further decay which has already set in.
3. Miswak eliminates bad odours.
7.Use Of Henna (Mehandi)
Mehndi is not just a natural colorant, it is also a very powerful medicinal herb. It cools down the body and prevents the nerves from becoming tense. Applying Mehendi is also a Sunnah.
Circumcision reduces HIV risk, possibly by eliminating bacteria that activate immune cells in the skin that themselves present the retrovirus to the immune system.