Disclaimer*: The articles shared under 'Your Voice' section are sent to us by contributors and we neither confirm nor deny the authenticity of any facts stated below. Parhlo will not be liable for any false, inaccurate, inappropriate or incomplete information presented on the website. Read our disclaimer.
Rape or sexual assault is becoming a very lamentable social issue. Every day we hear such news on media and they make me feel terrible. I have written this article to help girls and ladies out there to reduce the risk of experiencing a sexual assault.
First of all I would like all of you to know:
- Rape is experienced by the victims as an act of violence.
- It is a life-threatening experience.
- Sexual attraction, power, control and anger are the primary motives.
Most Rapists Have A Sexual Partner
- Gratification comes from gaining power and control and discharging anger.
- This gratification is only temporary, so the rapist seeks another victim.
- A rapist can be anyone: doctor, policeman, clergyman, social worker or corporate president.
- Rape can and does occur anytime and at anyplace. Many rapes occur during the day and at the victims’ homes.
- Rape is the responsibility of the rapist ALONE.
Following are the steps that you can take if you are at risk of an assault:
1. If You Have To Go Out
2. In a Party or Crowded Festivals/Carnivals
3. Taking Lift/ Elevator With a Stranger
4. Taking a Taxi at Night
5. At Home
6. If The Predator Has Got You
And last but not the least: Expert says when everything fails, try ‘SING’
So, these were some ideas that can protect you against such an assault.