In Islam, there are various reasons to urge marriages such as its benefits in safeguarding one’s faith, protecting a Muslim from sins of adultery, homosexuality and much more. Marriage not only protects yourself but also plays an important role in the upbringing of righteous children and upspring. It takes away the possibility of all evils because after marriage a Muslim is supposed to engage himself with a partner he or she shared a life with!
It is the Sunnah of our Holy Prophet PBUH as stated in Holy Quran,
“O’ mankind! Have consciousness of your Lord who has created you from a single soul. From it He created your spouse and through them, He populated the land with many men and women. Have a spiritual awareness of the One by whose Name you swear to settle your differences and have respect for the wombs that bore you. Without a doubt, Allah (SWT) keeps watching over you all.”(Surah Nisa, Verse 1)
As said in the above-mentioned verse, Allah created spouse for everyone. But how some couples find tranquility and peace in a relationship while others not? How do those couples find happiness and deep love in small moments throughout their life? With the advice from experts, here we have compiled some tips for newly-weds to make their life an ideal for others.
Advice For Husband:
1. She is a new addition to your family, be supportive of her.
2. Be firm, not authoritative.
3. Appreciate her work instead of criticism.
4. If she feels some jealousy, don’t increase her by humiliating her.
5. She is cooking food for you, think thrice before pointing out mistakes.
6. Compliment her dressing, she will feel happy!
7. Respect her first before asking her to respect you!
8. Let her feel you are the perfect partner for her.
9. Never confine her in the home, if she loves traveling take her out.
10. If you hurt her, she will hate you!
11. Prefer her choice, she will adore you.
12. Show your love in every possible way.
13. Make her comfortable with little talks.
14. Explore her likes and dislikes.
15. Spend your money on her too, not only love!
Advice For Wife:
1. Don’t compare him with your friends’ husband! Be grateful to him.
2. Be open to him about everything.
3. If you disagree with him on anything, be very gentle and polite.
4. Look for Allah’s love in your spouse’s words, deeds, and appearance.
5. Cook his favorite meals.
6. Dress up and smell good for him.
7. Preserve and protect your husband’s property in his absence.
8. Respect and honor the parents and relatives of your husband.
9. Show him that you have faith in him.
10. Be affectionate and don’t hold back.
11. Appreciate his efforts and praise his work – Don’t nag.
12. Be grateful for all the big and small thing – Voice your gratitude.
13. Make your home a safe haven.
14. Be a good listener.
15. Never criticize him in front of people he works with or in front of your loved ones.
May your marriage be blessed and if you’re facing any hardships, sit together and try to sort the matters out.