Pakistan has not always been in turmoil, there were times when every citizen of Pakistan felt safe on the streets or anywhere else in the country. It wasn’t just the locals – even foreigners loved travelling and experiencing the formidable culture of Pakistan.
Here are some absolutely amazing and nostalgic pictures of International cricketers in Pakistan…
1. A couple of West Indian players dressed in typical Pakistani attire, Shalwar kameez, vest-coats and Khussay
2. England’s captain Alistair Cook taking a ride on a camel in Karachi
3. Ex-Captain of England, Michael Vaughn, helping out a charity drive in Pakistan – unbelievable!
4. South African legend Jaques Kallis, signing a bat at a high-tea programme in Pakistan
5. Ex-England cricketer Kevin Pietersen standing in a Pakistani hospital, near an ill child
6. Some cricketers taking a Tonga ride in Pakistan with a young boy standing next to them – The Khan clinic board adds the perfect touch
7. Ex-Captain of Sri Lanka, Sanath Jayasuriya shaking General Pervez Musharraf’s hand before a Test match against Pakistan
8. Former England opening batsman Marcus Trescothick taking a walk near a flower shop in Lahore
9. And here he is, Marcus Trescothick standing next to a Pakora/Samosa shop.. those times were the best
10. Ex-Captain and legendary batsman of England, Nasser Hussain, taking the famous W-11 bus ride in Karachi
11. An unrecognized English cricketer from back in the day sitting with a local fruit seller
12. Some veteran Australian cricketers shopping in a local Pakistani market
13. Kapil Dev, Little Master Sachin Tendulkar and another Indian player post for a photo inside Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
Do you remember the good times? Ever remember encountering a cricketer on the street? Those absolutely thrilling times when we witnessed international cricket in our own stadiums and did not have to outsource our cricket to Dubai or any other country.