Isn’t it the most cringe-worthy thing that Islamic Extremists or better known as Taliban, who claim to be working towards Shariah, end up defying everything Islam actually stands for?
Isn’t it even worse when they go against everything Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) has taught us? Even when it comes to Jihad and War, there are some commands that the Prophet (PBUH) emphasized on, but sadly, the modern day fundamentalists have thoroughly forgotten.
Here are some commands the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) wanted all Muslims to follow when at Jihad or War.
1. Don’t harm a tree – when attacking a large crowd, usually nature gets harmed in the process in collateral damage
2. Don’t kill children – the concept of a child’s innocence doesn’t touch these fundamentalists; the APS incident is the biggest proof, 141 children killed
3. Don’t kill old people – when these extremists attack, there is no concept of young and old – everyone who stands in their way is killed
4. Don’t destroy temples or churches – forget temples and churches, these extremists don’t even spare mosques, which is home to Allah Almighty
5. Don’t destroy buildings – during suicide attacks, it isn’t just one building that is harmed, it’s the whole area that pays the price
6. Don’t kill those who have surrendered – when people are abducted by terrorists, they usually end up begging for their lives, even then are not spared
7. Don’t kill someone who is running away – an example is the Bacha Khan University attack recently, where students running for their lives were hunted down
8. Don’t kill women – the rural areas of KPK and Balochistan always experience women killed in different perspectives of religion, not to forget killed in bomb blasts
9. Don’t kill a sick person – for every 10 people killed, at least, 2 of them must be sick in one way or the other
10. Don’t kill a monk or a priest – nobody is spared at the hands of terrorism, not even our Maulanas and Aalims
11. Don’t disfigure the dead – when these suicide bombs explode, there is not a single body that is left in its original form
12. Don’t enforce Islam – something not even a single fundamentalist believes in anymore, sadly
It’s safe to say these external elements have destroyed Islam’s image in the eyes of the world, molded it into something that contradicts everything the Quran taught us, along with advice from Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).