For years, there’s been a debate on ‘why Iqra University always makes it to the top in HEC rankings?’ – well, we will tell you, it has nothing to do with the campus or any other reason that the elite students from all over Pakistan go on about.
Here’s a list of factual and actual reasons why Iqra University always takes the top spot in rankings.
1. Iqra University has over 50 permanent and relevant PhD faculties in its Business programme alone; which are qualified from USA, UK, Japan and France – these are also the highest number of PhD faculties
2. The Iqra University produces highest number of International Publications in ISI indexed journals – these publications help to create new angles to knowledge. Iqra had the highest number of publications in Social Sciences
3. Research at IU is mandatory for all levels of students – even the capable BBA students go to Harvard and Cambridge to present their papers in International conferences
4. IU is running the most successful PhD programme in Pakistan – producing 5 PhD graduates every year in Business Administration
5. IU has very close ties with leading industries and the university conducts over 200 corporate sponsored researches every single year
6. IU has proudly accepted the award for Best Private Sector university in Sindh for the last 6 years – carried out by the Governor charter, inspection and evaluation committee
7. In 2014, HEC ranked Iqra as the top university in Pakistan when it was placed in the General University Category because of a confusion with the department’s name
8. IU doesn’t only focus on studies – the extra curricular facilities are taken seriously – last year IU students won over 94 medals in national and international sports’ competitions
9. IU currently has the highest number of organizations coming to its campus for recruitment before graduation. In early 2016, at a time, over 140 companies were present to recruit IU graduates
10. Despite being in the private sector, IU offers the lowest fee structures across Pakistan when it comes to quality education. Usually it’s half the price of a good private university, in some cases, one third too
11. IU does not call itself an institution that produces elite students but its a workshop that transforms students into street smart professionals and entrepreneurs
There’s always a reason behind any organization or institutes success – Iqra chose the academic way, instead of elitist behavior in the campuses; which many people across Pakistan despise. However, by hook or by crook, Iqra has been making it to the top and nobody can take it away from them.
Special mention: Abdul Rizwan Qureshi