Here’s the thing about Model United Nations (MUNs) in Pakistan, it’s the license for almost everything, to sum it up in a few words. Young, wild and free teenagers who thrive for such an opportunity can’t ask for anything more. Yes, some tuition does take place at these MUNs but the bottom line is that these social occasions are used for other benefits, rather than serving its real purpose.
Here’s a list of things everyone knows but no one accepts that happen at MUNs.
1. Couples from different schools and universities meeting up on a public platform
2. Maila boys on the hunt for girls, with their wayfarer shades on
3. A much needed break from all the actual studying from their respective institutions
4. The ‘very in’ Qawwali nights with Amjad Sabri – the license for showing up drunk
5. Rave parties that cater almost every drug one needs for a good time
6. The beach party – the perfect reason for kids who can’t go out of their house to escape
7. Breakups and cheating – according to many students, most breakups happen at MUNs
8. Unwanted phadday – there would always be one person forcing a fight with a stranger
9. MUNs actually feel like a competition of who can show off best
10. Jealousy among the delegates does however force competition
We’re sure people who have attended MUNs can relate to every point with a personal experience.