The 7th Karachi Literature Festival kicks off at Beach Luxury Hotel in the first week of February. The dates decided by the KLF are 5th, 6th and 7th of Feb. The Pre-Valentine-Day festival acts as the gateway to socializing for teenagers and even adults.
Here are a few things Pakistanis actually go to the KLF for…
1. It’s at the Beach Luxury Hotel, you really don’t get to go there for free… (honesty is good)
2. Almost every Pakistani who is into books, just wants to check-in at the Festival
3. The KLF also works as a Twitter-meet-up point
4. People get to meet their favorite authors, journalists, and celebrities
5. Foodie fever – the KLF acts as a little picnic point for everyone who goes to attend it
6. It’s also a crazy hangout place for all the couples who cannot meet each other in public
7. The KLF works as a first meet for many people from different schools, backgrounds and even cities
8. There are lectures, interactive sessions, and conferences with your favorite authors and writers
9. You also might run into Mohammad Hanif saab
10. It is actually the perfect outing/fiesta that goes on for three days and absolutely free
All in all, it is an excellent initiative. So, which reason will you be going for?