Okay, so a majority of us have phuppos who are always on the loose. No kidding! This is indeed, a very conventional thing in Pakistani families, but at a certain point of our lives, we all have to get used to it in the long run. Yes, we do. Karen bhi toh kia? Why are beechari phuppos so badnaam?
Here is why some people think phuppos are evil..
1. THEY ARE VERY JUDGEMENTAL… EVERY MOVE YOU MAKE WILL BE JUDGED!
2. THEY GIVE YOU MUFT KAY MASHWARAY WHICH YOU DO NOT PAY HEED TO AND IT HAPPENS EVERY TIME THEY DROP BY AT YOUR PLACE.
3. THEY ARE ALWAYS EAGER TO SNOOP AROUND YOUR DAILY ACTIVITIES. PRIVACY AUR SUKOON MILEGA KABHI?
4. THEY HAVE A HABIT OF COMPARING THEIR CHILDREN WITH YOU. MERA BACHA TOH YE, MERA BACHA TOH WO.
5. WHEN THEY DOUBT YOUR EXISTENCE ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND ASK YOU TO ADD THEM. “BETA, AB TAK REQUEST NAHI AYI TUMHARI? KIA HUA?”
6. WHEN THEIR KIDS ARE DOING BADTAMEEZI, THEY DON’T STOP THEM AND JUST LAUGH IT OFF! LIKE, HELLO? THAT IS EXTREMELY RUDE, OKAY?
7. WHEN THEY ARRIVE AT YOUR PLACE FOR DINNER BINA BATAAYE! HAAN, HAAN, CHAAPA MARNA THA AUR KIA, HAINA?
8. NOT TO FORGET, EVERYTHING THEY SAY IS PURE ‘TANZ’! CAN YOU BE REAL FOR ONCE PHUPPO? PLEASE? HADH HOTI HAI.
9. ALSO, IF YOU’RE A GIRL, THEY WILL ALWAYS BE CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR MARRIAGE.
10. THEY’RE ALWAYS ON THE GO TO CREATE SOME MISUNDERSTANDINGS BETWEEN THE FAMILIES. HENCE, THE BADMAZGI AND HAR DIN KAY DRAMAY..
But, despite all the dramay they do, we LOVE them to bits and pieces because they are simply amazing! Just like we love our khalas, we adore our phuppos too! Time to bring an end to all the phuppo jokes! You’re not a guardian angel acha? 😛 So, here’s a big shout out to ALL the awesome phuppos out there on this Women’s Day! WE LOVE YOU PHUPPOS!
HAPPY WOMEN’S DAY!